Mad Hatter tagged me for this one (whew, I need a break from these crazy blogosphere pyramid games…)..but I am a music-aholic so I’ll play along…
And now, the shuffle meme:
- Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.
- Step 2: Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song
- Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
- Step 4: Strike through when someone gets them right.
- Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING
And trust me, there are some embarrassing ones in there!
1. If I were the moon I could catch your eye, I’m jealous of the moon.
2. A winter’s day in a deep and dark December… (I am a rock, Simon&Garfunkel)
3. Funny thing about this little heart of mine, all the ways that it can say I love you. (wow, I didn’t know I had this one).
4. Turnpike lane, turnpike lane you spiked my arm but you missed the lane.
5. With just a sleeping bag and an old guitar I left the band in New Orleans.
6. My lady may I have this dance, forgive a knight who knows no shame.
7. It brings a tear into my eyes when I begin to realize… I cried so much ..
8. Thought it was funny when you missed the train, when I rang you at home they said you left yesterday.
9. Black eyes I don’t need them, blue tears give me freedom
10. Something in the way she moves, looks my way, or calls my name seems to leave this troubled world behind.
11. I’m so alive, I’m so enlightened I can barely survive a night in my mind.
12. Gotta find out what I meant to you. You’re the one who broke my heart.
13. I wonder where you are tonight, probably on a rampage somewhere.
14. Jehosaphat the mongrel cat jumped off the roof today, some say he fell but I could tell he did himself away.
15. Love is a burning thing, it makes a firery ring.(Ring of Fire, Johnny Cash)
16. Why this car is automatic, it’s systematic, it’s hydromatic… (Greased Lightening, John Travolta)
17. I left my heart in San Fransisco with some club kids on a crowded street somewhere..
18. Here I am again in this mean old town and you’re so far away from me (So Far Away, Dire Straits)
19. Same old place, same old city… what can I do? I’ve fallen in love.
20. The moon is full, my arms are empty- all night long I’ve pleaded and cried. (Cold Day In July, Dixie Chicks)
21. Where are those happy days, they seem so hard to find. Guys, my 10 year old got this one (SOS, ABBA)
22. Tell her I’ll be waiting in the usual place with the tired and weary, there is no escape.
23. Think of all the things we’ve done, now you decide I’m not the one.
24. Nobody’s got the gun, nobody’s trying to drop on anyone. (Nobody’s got the gun, Mark Knopfler)
25. Is it worth it? A new winter coat and shoes for the wife.
And now, my vintage is plainly obvious…