Back when I started this blog… in March… Comrade Physioprof was a hater of memes… Who says people can’t change… I’ve been tagged twice by that guy, like in the last 3 weeks…. first the atheism meme and now this..
Here are the rules:
- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Write six random things about yourself.
- Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
- Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
- Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Six random things about drdrA:
- I like tall, dark, and handsome with an accent and glasses. Brad Pitt, and similar babyfaces, need not apply. And, since DrMrA… no one else of this description need apply either…
- I don’t like maple syrup, I prefer the cheap stuff. (to the chagrin of DrMrA and my dad, this is probably the only area in which I prefer the cheap stuff)
- I grew up without a television- not that we couldn’t afford one, but my parents thought it would rot our little minds and gave it away.
- When I’m worked up about something at my job, my favorite thing to do is run on the indoor track and see how many undergraduates I can lap.
- I dated three guys in college. At the same time.
- I’m a music junkie. When I buy a new album, I listen to it over, over and over again- and learn all the words to the songs.
There you go, those seem pretty random. I tag Dr.J&Mrs. H., Candid Engineer in Academia, Cath@VWXYnot?, Dr. Shellie, River Tam, and … and … and ….Bikemonkey…and and and Juniorprof….
I do the same exact thing when I buy new cds…
I’m thinking this is genetic- my younger daughter does exactly the same thing with songs she likes- and she’s only 6…
hah. no teevee growing up either. perhaps this explains certain musical tastes…
I’m sure it does. Sounds like your parents and my parents are long lost relatives!
Sorry, already done this one!
“I like tall, dark, and handsome with an accent and glasses. ”
Everyone has an accent! Please be more specific! 😉
Greek is my favorite… :-), but Irish… is great too.
Haha! Thats awesome! My brothers have figured out what headphones are all about, and if you sit near them with them on, they’ll pull them off so they can listen… and they picked up that trick when they were about 2….
Okay DrDrA, according to the rules of this thing, I am officially letting you know that my response is posted! Plus, the random tidbit special edition:
#7: My parents let me have a TV in my room when I was a child (don’t ask how this happened. I was an ornery child). Can’t imagine growing up with out it. To this day I can do any number of intellectual activities when the TV is on. Haven’t decided if this is like developing resistance to poison by slowly increasing your exposure or just a sad commentary on my TV addiction.
Hah hah! We had a teevee, but a black and white one (LONG after that was normal), and we kept it in the closet, so when you wanted to watch you had to lift it out. I developed good muscles, at age 6.
Anyhow, I did the taggy business!
PS, you KNOW CPP has just been dying to tell us he goes commando and leapt on this meme as an excuse. Trying to combat the Prada-shoe image, I’m thinking.
Here’s mine. Thanks for the tag. Sorry I missed it until after I saw the other ones.
JP- No problem, I found your list so interesting!
Dr.J- It used to be our Saturday dream to sleep over at the neighbors and watch the love boat and fantasy island…. but that’s about all we got. And yes, CPP has been dying to divulge that little fact- if I ever meet him in person I’m going to have trouble keeping a straight face…
My daughters beg me to have TVs in their rooms. The answer to this request, is and will always be no, they just turn into little zombies when that thing is on.
I do however, have it on for background noise when I am home alone- I am not watching – I just find I like the background buzzing….