Colleagues who have viewed my pages have, despite the short life of this blog, suggested a few topics they might like to see me write about and see comments on… If you have any topics that you would like to see covered, please leave me a comment on this page. If I feel I can adequately talk about a subject, I will … or I’ll find someone else who is qualified to.
Areas suggested thus far include:
1. Negotiating your for your first faculty position. Actually, negotiating in general is probably a really good place to start.
2. Dealing with problem colleagues.
3. How to develop a support system/network of colleagues.
4. Maintaining perspective … this could apply to lots of areas..
5. How to stay motivated, and be persistent during difficult periods in one’s career.
6. Learning to just ask…
7. Maintaining work/life balance…
8. Search committees and how they work, how they make decisions… sometimes rational/sometimes not.
9. Emotional intelligence in scientists… or lack thereof.
AAAhhem. I’m supposed to be finishing a paper…