To Western Washington. Suffice to say-
1. Despite being advertised to be hotter-than-hell in the last week, I’m wearing socks and 2 shirts. In the Pacific Northwest, hotter-than-hell days are still accompanied by 56 degree F nights.
2. My kids are in heaven and we are going to the fair within walking distance of the house I grew up in. To me, this is priceless.
3. I’m eating cheesecake on a stick dipped in chocolate at the fair, and don’t anyone mention what that is going to do to my waistline. I’m also the proud owner of a pair of new Asics Gel-Kayano15s 8.5 narrow… and I’ll be using them.
4. My mother announced that the TV is busted. My kids are going to be TV free for three weeks, and I’m thinking this is a great thing. I grew up without a TV, and my parents know how to do a few things right.
5. The trees are taller than I remember them.
6. The traffic is horrifying.
7. It is beautiful it is here, but my home is somewhere else now. I do love it though.
I otherwise find myself at a shortage for words. WEIRD, I know. Never happens to me.